Setting up your interface on Cubase 5

SincerelyAND

I'm brand new to Cubase and I'm trying to learn it at this point. I have a Yamaha GO46 interface and I am wondering how to set i up for recording. It won't pick it up. Please help. Thank you.

When your project is open, in the top tool bar click on Devices>Device Setup pull down the menu where it says 'asio driver' click on the one pertaining to your unit. I use a Presonus Firestudio so my drive is titled "Presonus Firestudio".

If your unit is synced to Cubase then go to Devices>VST connections and then program which input you want for which channel.

Viola! Your ready to roll. Hope this helps.

When your project is open, in the top tool bar click on Devices>Device Setup pull down the menu where it says 'asio driver' click on the one pertaining to your unit. I use a Presonus Firestudio so my drive is titled "Presonus Firestudio".

If your unit is synced to Cubase then go to Devices>VST connections and then program which input you want for which channel.

Viola! Your ready to roll. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I actually had all the settings right. I was just confused because it still wasn't working. After a system restart, it worked fine. Guess my computer needed a restart for the software to kick in.

interface: using a Zoom H4

I think I have a similar problem - though my level of ignorance is probably greater. I am trying to use a Zoom H4 as the audio input (which the Zoom claims is possible). I have got the PC to recognise it (it reacts to it as a mic) but in Cubase (5 Essentials) under devices and device set-up, all that is listed is the PC's own system (realtek). There seems no way of introducing anything else.

Thanks for any help

Back