Setting up Sonar 2xl and Delta AP 2496

timothydog

I just got my Audiophile 2496 card installed. Everything seems to work great. Playback sounds good and recording works fine.

I do all my recording through SP/DIF in from my mixer and one thing I can't figure out yet is how to actually hear the input while it is recording. The SBLive card I had before allowed me to hear the SP/DIF input as I was recording but I haven't figured out the correct settings to do this with my new card in Audiophile 2496.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Tim

There are two options:

1) Correct routing settings in the Delta Control Panel. I'm pretty shure that's possible... and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I can't give you exact settings, because I don't have a Delta-card. ;)

2) Setup Sonar to use Input Monitoring. Go to Options -> Audio -> Input Monitoring, and select the drivers you want to "hear" while recording (and you will hear the input to the track when you have armed the track). WARNING: You need latency to be low to use Input Monitoring, under 10 ms is acceptable, under 5 ms is good. Anything over 10 ms is useless....

Thanks for the reply.
I think I did have input monitoring set at one point but my latency was terrible. I'll have to try a lower setting.

But first I'll try to get it working through the Delta Mixer.

Back