Setting up a phone line for interviews

audstune

Hi All...

I'm new to AA 2.0 and need help with something...I would like to know what is necessary to set up a phone line to do interviews? :confused: I have a few different types of mics and a lexicon omega studio interface...don't know if they're useful?

Thanks for any and all help! :D

One easy way to record phone interview is to use Skype , VoipBuster or similar IP telephone.
Make a call and press the REC button in your software. (take it MONO)
You need to mark” What you hear” options on your audio card to record voice from others.
When you speak just do mark MIC.
The quality of record is depending of several factors:
Internet speed, PC processor, (or MAC), audio card, telephone on the other line end etc.
This is working. I have even recorded people playing guitar on the other side of earth.
Sure, I never intended to use those records for anything serious.
Don’t expect to achieve too nice results! Have a fun!
sikter

I have had the need to record phone calls in the past and I set mine up like so.....

first, I had a cordless phone with the earpiece insert jack...cordless phones will take a 3/32 plug so to go to your soundcard you will need this...
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...470&cp=&origkw=3/32&kw=3/32&parentPage=search

This will adapt the 3/32 plug to a 1/8 plug which you can connect to a stock soundcard. you will just need to turn on the cordless phone and hit record on your computer while you carry on the conversation on another phone...both sides of the conversation will be recorded on a mono track....works like a charm.....

Back