Setting project new tempo

alexondrums

I've recently recorded a jam session with a friend, which is made up of 3 tracks.
  • 1 MIDI - V-Drums
  • 2 Audio - Guitar
  • 3 Audio - Vocals
When i recorded, this was without the click enabled, or a BPM set - it was left at the default of 120BPM

I'd like to start lining everything up with the grid, but can't work out how to set the session BPM without it affecting the track speeds, and keeping everything in thier relative positions.

For example I want to set the project BPM to 192, but doing this speeds up the MIDI drums. I have turned off Warping on the audio tracks, which seems to ensure they are not affected by the BPM change, but not sure if that will remain the case when I turn warping back on - for when I need it to align everything to the grid. I just want this to be at the desired tempo.

How can I adjust the BPM without affecting each invidual track speed until after I have my baseline BPM set, adjusted from 120 to 192?

This is in Ableton Live 10 Lite (10.1.42)

e I want to set the project BPM to 192, but doing this speeds up the MIDI drums. I have turned off Warping on the audio tracks, which seems to ensure they are not affected by the BPM change,
Changing the BPM should not change the play speed increasing pitch. it is MIDI.

Highlight the length and snap it in to the BPM.

I dont know albeton, but what happens when you drag the 'freeze' track's wav file into a 'new' project instance with a 192 BPM?

Changing the BPM should not change the play speed increasing pitch. it is MIDI.

Highlight the length and snap it in to the BPM.
That's right, it doesn't affect the pitch, just the speed at which the MIDI plays at. This would be the normal expected behaviour. But in my case, I want the project BPM to be different from the BPM that the MIDI was recorded at.

I dont know albeton, but what happens when you drag the 'freeze' track's wav file into a 'new' project instance with a 192 BPM?
I'm not sure about this, but as I want to edit the MIDI notes and align them to a grid at 192BPM, it needs to remain as MIDI and not be converted to audio.

Set new project at 192 BPM. Drag your MIDI map into the instance. ReQuantize the track. Instead of using 1/8 or 1/16. Go by grid. Then use by MEASURE. you can then stretch your map into a requantized space in a master BPM.

That might only save one measure though and loop it...Hmmm. Thats a tuffy.

What happens if you import the MIDI map to a new project? In the drop down select notes only.

Last edited:
Back