set up question???

kindred559

I have a roland 1824. When my song is completed I then send the signal out of the 1824 through a behringer music exciter/ultramizer, then through the a dual comp/limiter by alesis, and finally through my tascam cd burner where it is obviously burned to cd. My question is, is it wise to run the finished signal through all these extras? I feel that I get somewhat of a fatter sound and louder signal verses just 1824 to cdburner. But is it logical to use the extras?

Last edited:
That's basically mastering, sort of... "Sweetening" is a better word... That being said, if you're ever sending your mixes out for mastering, it would likely be best to leave the extras off, or at the very least send two mixes out. One with, one without.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

sorry to hijack the thread but do you have any samples on your website, my band is thinking of mastering our cd, or maybe 1 or 2 songs at least, we were gonna just leave it as is, until we go into the studio again with our newer songs, but a lot of places want cds before you play a show and we'd rather give them a mastered version. www.pawnmusic.com if you think you can do something with the songs let me know

You want me to master some of your tracks? It's possible. I have sound forge 7.0 and T-racks. Thing is, I do rap/hip hop, and R&B. But I will take a crack at it. I'll try and do a song of yours and send it via email.

Last edited:
Back