Set up for Heil Pr-40 and camcorder

StevenAitchison

Hi

I am looking to record quality videos that have great sound as well. I have a Sony Handycam HDR- XR520, which is a great camcorder, I now just need to get good sound quality.

I have bought, and dismissed, the Audio Technica PRO 88 wireless system as the sound is not great without good post production, and even then it's still not that great. I have also used the Audio Technica Pro 70 which is a wired solution; much better sound quality but it's restricting with the wires.

I have a Heil Pr-40 for recording professional guided meditations through a little Xenys 502 mixer and it works great. I am now wondering whether or not I can plug the Heil directly into my camcorder and use a boom stand to record sound, but I can't find info on how I could set this up.

If it's not possible my next solution is to get a Rode Stereo Mic attached to a boom.

Any help on setting up the Heil would be great, and if it's not possible what mic would you suggest would be a good one for the camcorder I have.

Thanks in advance.

After doing a lot of searching and brain searching, I finally found a way to use the Heil Pr-40 mic with the camcorder.

I hooked up the xenyx 502 to the mic and used the output from the Xenxy to the camcorder and everything works perfectly. MIght sound an easy solution, but for a non sound techie person I just couldn't figure it out, so when I finally did I was very pleased with myself :)

Back