Set Me Free (stupid covid)

Sonicfrog2.0

OK. I've been meaning to post this and got so busy with work and life that I forgot.

I used Studio One Professional for all the production, mixing, and mastering. A Rode NT1-A was used for the vocals. I am playing everything except the drums. Those are two separate loops. The main loop is a little different than what I originally had in mind, but I think this one actually made the song better than what I had in mind originally. The funky slapping one actually had more bottom end stuff going on, but I eq'd it out to get the sound I liked. I have in the past recorded songs as a whole unit. This is the first time I recorded bits and pieces and puzzled them together, which was kind of fun.

I did write a third verse, but I kind of like the song short. It expresses what I want. The vocal doubling is subtle and I toy with making it more pronounced. But I haven't decided yet.

Anyway. Have at it.

Attachments

• SMFMP3 - 01 Start.mp3
    11.4 MB
IT is a good song - albeit a demo sounding one - tighten up the bits. And the Rhythmic piece doesn't quite work in it's current format.

Back