Sennheiser HD series Headphones?

johnnynoony

Has anyone used Sennheiser HD-265's, 250II, 200, or 25's. I heard they make great studio headphones but I've also heard people mentioning Beyer DT 770's and everything else under the sun. If I'm going to be recording alt/rock/acoustic I know this is a very subjective question and there is already a similar thread but I need a good utility headphone and price doesn't really matter- I just want good "cans". I've scoured the posts but is there a studio standard- or a buzz about one that seems to stand out from the pack. Thanks for any help.

Yo Fhoony of Noony of Tooney:

The Beyer 770 cans will make you happy. Also, maybe the other cans you mentioned will do the job. It depends on your ears and gear.

l have some AKG cans, had some Sony cans but sent them to a friend, but the Beyer cans are the ones I use in the studio. Hey, you can spend more, and maybe get "more," but the Beyer cans are cool.

Green Hornet:D :D :D :p :p :p

Hey Green Hornet(are you the real Green Hornet?hehe),
Thanks for the reply. The equipment I'm getting is the Yamaha AW4416, Yamaha msp 5's, Rode NTK, is there any specific headphones I should be looking for with this kind of equipment. Thanks for your help.

p.s.

I've got a pair of HD265's, and they're great. The only problem is they have lousy plug-in cables that are always loose! Not good for what they cost me!

Bob

I've got 2 pairs of HD280's, and they're basically OK. I only use them for tracking, and I like them better with straight cable than phone cord shockmount style.-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
I've got 2 pairs of HD280's, and they're basically OK. I only use them for tracking, and I like them better with straight cable than phone cord shockmount style.-Richie

I don't like the straight wire, because if you accidently step on it, it pulls right out of the phone, unlike the coiled cable.

Back