sends envelopes

bdemenil

A few questions about sends. I'd very much appreciate some help from those of you more experienced with Cubase SX - I'm just starting out....

First, is there a shortcut to get to the sends envelopes which would save me having to open the volume, pan, and 5 eq envelopes before getting to the sends?

Second, it seems like you have to choose - for a send on a track, either use the main control, which will set overal level of send for that track, or create envelope points, in which case the main control get completely overridden (ie it's ignored). Is there anyway to have the envelope work post main control - so that all its adjustments are relative to main control rather than absolute?

bdemenil said:
A few questions about sends. I'd very much appreciate some help from those of you more experienced with Cubase SX - I'm just starting out....

First, is there a shortcut to get to the sends envelopes which would save me having to open the volume, pan, and 5 eq envelopes before getting to the sends?
Not that I am aware of.

bdemenil said:
Second, it seems like you have to choose - for a send on a track, either use the main control, which will set overal level of send for that track, or create envelope points, in which case the main control get completely overridden (ie it's ignored). Is there anyway to have the envelope work post main control - so that all its adjustments are relative to main control rather than absolute?
Not exactly. What you can do instead is set the send amount and NOT automate it and automate the FX channel's volume instead. This also nicely side-steps the whole issue of drilling down a bunch of folders to get to the sends automation track ;)

Last edited:
hey, I found the answer in another post here on the forum:

here's the thread: http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=202192

jabulani jonny :

Not sure about Cubase but Nuendo has different automation modes which you can select from a drop down box at the top. Change the mode to "Trim" mode and then select the audio event that you want to raise the volume. Make sure your Left and Right Locators encompass the entire event. Turn on Automation Write, while the audio is stopped, grab the volume slider and raise it. When you switch to Trim mode and turn on Write, you will notice that the volume slider jumps to the middle of its range. This allows you to raise or lower the volume relative to the automation.

So, change to Trim mode select Automation Write for the track you want. Make sure the right and left locators encompass the entire area that you want to adjust. Raise or lower volume by whatever amount you want. Put automation on read and play file. Voila.

Jonathan

Back