Sending effects to another channel

Hi all:

This is probably a very dumb question, but I have a question about sending effects. My background is almost exclusively in GB, so I'm used to just printing effects onto one channel at a time. But I picked up Guerrilla Home Recording and liked the tip on panning effects to the opposite side of the dry signal. Wondering how I would do that in Ableton, which I'm just starting to get up to speed on. I know there's a lot more functionality when it comes to bussing/sending signals on Ableton, but curious how I'd go about essentially splitting the signal into wet and dry channels.

Thanks in advance,
George

I don't know Ableton specifically, but normally you'd create an effects bus (called an aux channel in Pro Tools) and use a post-fader aux send from the audio channel to the effects bus. Then you can pan each independently.

In Ableton you can use a return, then route the channel or you can create another channel and use the output of one channel to route it to another channel. It is easier with returns and it is easier to keep the main channel output and the return output and then mix the blend for both to the master. But do a search on using returns and you will find exactly what you are looking for.

Back