Selling my Ibanez RG570

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
I love this guitar but I never play on it any more and don't really have any use for it.

Been doing some research on eBay. These guitars seem to be up for over £400. Which seems like a lot of money to me. When I first considered selling it a few years ago shops were only offering £150 for it as a part ex so it wasn't worth getting rid of. Does £400 seem realistic? this would be a great contribution towards my next guitar if it is.

Also, I'm really loathe to get rid of it just 'cos I like the fact that I own it. Has anyone else got guitars that they just can't bare to get rid of even though they never use them.

I've got an '80s Japanese Squier that I have played maybe twice since I got it 6 or 7 years ago in a trade. It weighs about 400lbs and the neck is god awful uncomfortable but...there's no way I would let it go. I've sold guitars in the past, had a few stolen, too, and there always seems to be more remorse from getting rid of one than getting a new one. I don't experience buyer's remorse when it comes to instruments (every thing else, for sure) but seller's remorse...yeah.

This link should show you the UK only, used items that were actually sold:

ibanez rg570 | eBay

£400 seems high - some sellers are a bit hopeful there, I think.

That's a bit more like it... and there's no point in me getting rid of it at that price. Which is good :) I wouldn't mind getting a couple of cheep hardcases to stick older guitars that I don't play on in. I only have four hooks on the wall in the living room; one of them is taken up by my shit recording bass and another has an acoustic on it.

You have me pondering, I have a Crafter 12 archtop I don't play very often, maybe I should man up and sell it and get a straight acoustic 12 to replace it. I've never sold a guitar so it would be breaking the habit of a lifetime. I have only ever parted with one instrument which I gave to a friend I hadn't seen for nearly 20 years who'd fallen upon hard times and had nothing to play.
Good luck with your sale, and if you get something else I'd be interested in reading about it.

All the best

Tim

I've got an RG470 (I think) that I have seen in years. Don't even know why I bought it as I'm totally not "that" type of guitarist. Must get it out and give it a restring....

And I have an 80s Burns Bison that I don't play any more but hang onto for sentimental reasons.

Back