Selling my fender 5 string jazz bass on ebay:

I might be interested, but I have a stupid question.

Is the first (lowest) string lower than the normal 4 bass strings, or is the fifth string (highest) higher than the normal 4 bass strings?

Thanks!

I agree, and just bid.

I have a 5-string but it's a "tenor" bass, whereas the four lowest strings are the traditional notes and the fifth string is higher.

Not terribly useful.

^I agree. soon there will be 6 string basses(if there aren't already) and will only give the guitarist a hamonization half the time, instead of getting a pedal.

That IS a good price! I regret selling my 5-string Jazz...but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I play 6-string basses now. I have two...but only because it's difficult for me at a gig to go from one type to another, so I bought a second one as backup. Nothing too fancy though...they're gigging instruments, after all. :D

No, it is mexican. If I were selling an Anerican bass from this price I would probably be bidding on it myself.

Congrats! Now make sure you give youself time to adjust to the 5ver. Its a little strange at first, but the time is well worth it. Annnnd.... here's an ER Bass for ya'!
jeanbio.jpg

lbanks said:
Congrats! Now make sure you give youself time to adjust to the 5ver. Its a little strange at first, but the time is well worth it. Annnnd.... here's an ER Bass for ya'!

I have a 5-string actually, but it's what I'd call a tenor bass - the extra string was a C, over the usual E A D G. It plays nice but not very useful. I tried tuning it lower (B E A D G) however the intonation and action then sucks. So, I bought the right tool for the job - MJM's bass.

Of course if I cleared out my unfinished project list, I could get back to soldering up my midi-bass project, but that's another story.

Hello hello?

I won the auction, sent the paypal, and a few emails hoping to make contact, but I haven't heard back from you that you received the funds yet.

Let me know please.

I'm still waiting for replies too?

I don’t think he is very responsive. I am still waiting on several replies regarding a monitor trade and a tele body. I have just written it off, I figure if he was really interested he would be in communication or some thing has happened to him which I hope is not the case.

I hope it works out for you, good luck.

Pier

well you can always tune the string differently, change the sizes (of the strings) if the action gets wacky.. and adjust the intonation at the bridge.. you should drop it to A ...

anyway i hope it works out for ya

Back