Second Hard Drive MX2424

DeeCeeMonterey

MX2424, absolutely stock (and dead mint cond!) with 9gb scsi hard drive as it's "0" primary drive.

Last night I was negotiating the menu and realized it had a second drive. I carefully popped the top and I saw that where the DVD drive would typically go, there is a second SCSI hard drive. (The front faceplate panel is in place, so I thought that bottom space was unoccupied)

I'm assuming this is this a back-up drive.

It is formatted, and is recognised by the operating system as SCSI 2. I CAN set it as the "RECORD DRIVE" but I didn't get a test recording to land on it, when I was pretty certain I had it set as the target drive. So, I'm assuming it's a back up drive, but I don't understand, after studying the manual, how to save a project TO this drive.

I went thru the save procedure, in the project sub-menu, and it did not save it to drive 2. (Then it read: "unavailable")

Any help? Thanks. Oh, I DID throw a 256mb memory strip in the machine, and it is operating perfectly.

Are you operating the machine using MX View or just the front panel?

If using MX view, go to the Project window and you just drag the project from one drive to the other, it is called smart copy.

If you are not using MX view, us the backup restore procedure for tape/dvd back up (page 33 of the manual) except that you are using the second hard drive.

Cheers
Alan.

Hi Alan, and thanks. Not running MXView, I am operating via front panel. I went thru the back up procedure, on, well p. 32 in my manual.
I thought I had it right, I followed the instructions closely, and there IS a project on drive 1. I'll try again.
It did seem to be saving, that is, the lcd displayed numbers, I think they were counting up while it seemed to be loading/backing-up.

I'll try again tho. and will jot down any messages I see at completion. Thanks again, dc

I would suggest that if you can get MX view running and connected it makes this kind of thing a lot easier to do. It also gives you a lot more.

Alan.

Back