Seck mixers?

tourettes5139

Does anyone know anything about Seck mixers? The 1882, in specific? They seem to go for reasonable prices, and I've been looking at 8 buss mixers for recording. It looks like these mixers are kind of old, but if I can get it for super cheap.....

Thanks!

Last edited:
just got one myself. totally loving it! check the faders before buying into it. The faders on mine had been replaced with yamaha ones so there could be an issue with the older ones. The pres are clean and the mixer is producing zero noise as far as i can tell. oh and make sure its coming with the power supply. might have some trouble finding one otherwise. The seck mixers also have a dedicated reverb mix on each channel for the headphones for you singer.

Very highly recommend the 1882

Tourettes, I have a Seck 1882 up here that I am selling if you want to actually see it and try it:) I am in Logan, so probably not more than a few hours from you. Thje Seck mixers are decent little "warm" sounding mixers. The tape return section works a little bit differently (like some of the older Tridents do), but it is a pretty functionla little mixer, especially for the price. My Seck is in mint condition. It just got back from a complete restore so all of the faders, pots, etc... work perfectly. In fact, I was extremely surprised with exactly how well everything worked when I pulled it out of the attic. They were only three minor problems, and at the time, I had an interested buyer who wanted it, but wanted to have the problems repaired. As a result I sent it over to my tech for a restore (his shop is 5 blocks from here and i have some credit with him). Now all of the problems are gone and it is in near mint shape. Quite likely better shape than just about any Seck 1882 in existence:D

hi folks, sorry to dig out this thread 2 years after, better than creating a new one anyway, am I right?

has any of you ever seen or used a 12x8x2 SECK, like this one:
6986_1.JPG

This mixer, smaller than the 18x8x2, really seems to fit what I want to do (monitor in and out my TSR8). I'm just wondering if there are TAPE INS on each channel, in order to monitor back the OUTS ot the 8track recorder?

Thanks for any answer!

That looks just like the Seck mixer I described earlier in this thread, but a shorter channel count. If it is, then there are tape returns on each channel that route to the mix B output. LImited control, but tape returns none the less.

Back