Searching For Teac 80-8 Rack Ears

gnomepark

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a pair of rack ears for my 80-8 reel to reel. Been looking for almost a month on eBay, Craigslist and other places....can't find the things. I was told I could use "L" brackets from Lowes or Home Depot and make some, but don't really want to do that.

If anyone has a set for sale, let me know.

Is there a way to easily make them if nobody has any for sale...or an alternative?

Thanks,

Mike

Out of curiosity I was looking through my pdf copies of the owners manuals for the 3340, 3440, 40-4 and 80-8 models and not one of them made any mention about optional rack rail ears. Did a Google image search and there too, all of the pics I could find of it with tack ears looked to be home made. That doesn't mean that tascam never made any rack mount kits for these units. It only proved that they sucked at publicity if they did!

Having said all that, you best bet is to find a local blacksmith/metal fabrication company and get them to build you a pair if you feel ill-equipped to make them on your own. Just give them the crucial dimensions of the width of your recorder without the wood side dress panels, the height of the recorder minus the feet, where the existing holes lay that hold the wood trim (dimensionally) at the front edge of the sides and that your rack ear holes need to be 18.25 inches on center with some leeway via oval shaped holes and that the outer edge of the ears must be exactly 19 inches, outer edge to outer edge once attached to the unit. You'll also want to give them a diagram layout for the rack mount hole so they know where to put them and that you'll be wanting 4 holes per rail equally spaced out to spread out the load of the deck.

Easy, right? :D :p

Cheers! :)

Thanks FM! Looks like a trip to Lowes is in order.... I was hoping that they made stock one and some were floating around on some dead 80-8's. I've tried calling TEAC and that is another post into itself...lol

I will try my hand at drilling.

Mike

Back