Searched and Solved!!

BIT_IFFY

I just want to say THANKS to you all.

I had a ground loop problem with my set up, there was noise in my KRK monitors that i bought 2 weeks ago, and it was stil there after buying a new M-Audio fast track pro (which i thought would sort the existing noise issue out straight away). There was alot of reading, plug and hair pulling and re plugging, all to no avail. Contemplating having to buy a new power supply for my PC, i went back to the Search button. Armed with the info i had already from my troubleshooting work, i found a thread by someone that had the exact same problem. This person HAD bought a new power supply for his/her PC and it hadnt worked. But there were recomendations for using balanced cables and maybe a hum eliminator. So i went to my local Billy Hyde store and borrowed a TRS to XLR cable, went home and replaced the RCA cable i had been using. The silence was deafening!!!! Thrilled to bits i took the loaner back and bought myself a pair of TRS cables. Im over the moon now, no more ANNOYING hums and blips, all for the price of methodical problem solving and using the SEARCH facility.... and $15 for the cables. And on top of that I've read alot and understand alot more than i did before i started.

So thank you to you all for your help on this forum, whether you replied to posts i searched or not. And to all the noobies, like myself, SEARCH is your best friend.

Back