SE2200T for bargain

giopad65

Hi everybody, going on in my search for a nice LDC (male voice, some acoustic instrument), I hadn't considered any tube mike (although I do love tubes in my hi-fi setup) mostly because of the price.
Given that I don't want to spend many hundreds of euros since I use the equipment quite occasionally, I put my eyes on the SE2200T which I found on sale for 299 euros (it normally sells between 370 and 390 here).
Do you think it is a good alternative with respect to some Rodes, MXL, Apex, etc?
Is there any particular attention one should put in dealing with the 7 pin XLR cable? I read the pins are a bit thin and so the risk of damaging them is real.
Thank you in advance. ;)

Grab it! That's an amazing price for a mic I like a LOT.

Re: the seven pin XLR, I can't comment on the specific one used by sE but I've encountered them before and never had any big problems with them. Depending on how you work in your studio, you may well find that you rarely separate the mic head from the PSU unit anyway, and do most of your pluggery between the PSU and interface/mixer with a standard XLR anyway.

At the normal list price, the 2200T is cheaper than the Rode NTK (another mic I like a lot) but in the same league sound wise; at the offer price you've found it's a VERY attractive deal.

Back