Se 2200a mic.

awkgreen

I have recently retired,and built myself a home studio.I used to play in bands in the 60s and 70s and My plan is to try and leave some musical history for my grandchildren.HAving said that,I am now visualising a longggg learning curve that won't be easy for a 70 year old,so I am hoping I can turn to you guys for a lot of help to get there.I have a Roland VS 2400 as my workstation,and two SE 2200a mics. until yesterday they were both working fine, now, but today when I went to use one of them It would just about register on the meter ,but not strong enough to record. So if anyone can tell me if its fixable I will be. Really grateful.regards to all ALan

se 2200

With the gain full up,it registers a 6db recording level,but the play back is nothing like it should be, it's weak.regards alan

Is there a chance you have accidentally enabled some pad on either the mic or mixer device?

No, my other mic works ok
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Same Microphone Cable for both?

I had a couple of SE2200As and they both worked well.
FYI, these mics are not to hard to disassemble ie unscrew the bottom cap and slide the body cover down and off.

Consider taking them both apart and look at/compare the wires at the bottom of each one where the mic cable attaches to see if any connections are loose in that area.

While you are at it, compare the one that works with the one that doesn't and look at all the connections and components
inside the entire mics plus the the diaphragm to see if there are any connection issues there with the one that doesn't work.

Hope this helps!
Bob G.

I think I found the problem,I took them apart like you said,and theres a darkish area around the G2 resistor,also the board where it sits is glaized as though coated in flux.

I think you'll see from my reply to Bob the mystery is solved,but let me thank you for your offer to help,like I said I'm not just a newbie,I'm also a novice also,so I'll be on here quite a lot I think.regards Alan

Back