SCSI vs. IDE: A good article.

YA

I would say the same A1mixman. You know I only record a max of 8 tracks at a time right now and the system was being disapointing when I first put it together but after fixing my main problem (a timing setup error out of my ignorance) and going down the list of tweaks at pcrecording.com I am very happy. by the time I ever get up above 20 tracks I am only recording one track at a time. I can play back 50 or 60 track and record 1 or 2 tracks at the same time while running 5 to 10 realtime effects. I was always lead to think scuzzie was it but for the price diff. and after browsing the artical I will work on other parts of my setup long before ever giving scuzzie another thought.

F.S.

I saved the link last week A1. Glad I did.
Today I went back and read the whole article. Very good and lots of info.
thanks.

when i upgraded my system 6 months ago, I switched from SCSI to UIDE. I bought 2, 40gb ultra drives and RAIDed them so that one is reading while the other is writing (RAID 0).

sometimes, I have to perform the compact audio data feature in sonar or the app will attempt to read and write from both disks at the same time (i am assuming this). once i do the compact audio, i'm back to blazing away.

the combination of the 1.2ghz cpu, 640mb ram, and the RAID0 disk array has given me a really sound and stable system that i haven't been able to push beyond the limits of with the work that i do musically.

having said that, my wife just bought me a dell inspiron for christmas with 1.2ghz, 48gb hd, and 512mb ram. i'm thinking about getting VXPocket or something so I can use it as a mobile recording DAW.

Back