screws in a BLUE Mouse

Fireal402

Eyeballs! OH MY GOD EYES
I don't know if anyone has one, but what are the purpose of the two screws and why are you supposed to remove them on the sides before use?

I tested it with them in, I didn't even notice the little tiny warning labels on them. I can't even comprehend why BLUE would have them there, unless it's to hold internal parts in place during shipping so nothing can get fucked up.

tested it with them in, I didn't even notice the little tiny warning labels on them. I can't even comprehend why BLUE would have them there, unless it's to hold internal parts in place during shipping so nothing can get fucked up.
That is exactly what they are for. you should have 3 littel holes for the screws. Never overly tighten or cross thread them.

recordingpro said:
That is exactly what they are for. you should have 3 littel holes for the screws. Never overly tighten or cross thread them.

Wait, I only saw 2, and it said to remove them? They were on opposite sides of the mic with a label that said, "REMOVE these screws before use". So if I ship it, I should put them back in? And if I were to use it with them in, would any damage occur?

Thanks, BTW for answering, it's a kinda esoteric question.

put them in when shipping it keeps the capsule where it belongs - no damage if you used it whith them in but it sounds better with them out

recordingpro is correct. If you need to ship the mic back to BLUE and have lost the screws, they'll send you new ones.

Thanks guys. I love the mic, but the place said it came with a BLUE pop filter, but it didn't, and the rep told me to buy a $20 cheap one :(

They cost $180 goddamn dollars, but hopefully my friend should have one for me (sold his Kiwi, kept the screen)

Yes, but they are cool pop filters, and if you ever get a U47 or a mic with the same diameter (like a Lawson L47), you can use it on those too!

I have the one that came with the Mouse, and it works about as well as any other. If someone has really bad "p"'s, you might want to double it up with another pop filter, or change the angle of the mic.

And it looks really cool, and doesn't block the vision of the performer like some of those big circular hoops.

recordingpro said:
put them in when shipping it keeps the capsule where it belongs - no damage if you used it whith them in but it sounds better with them out
I know you're the one that gave me the negative rep, asswipe. I'm not the only one that finds those pop filters useless. The one I had puts the filter, like, half an inch from the mic. They don't work well there, and I installed it exactly how BLUE said to. I switched to the Stedman, and it worked exactly like it should.

Anyone else notice with the Blue Mouse, that because of the way they screw directly into the mic stand, they are very sensitive to stand rumble? If I'm using it with someone who likes to tap their feet, i have to make them take their shoes off and stand on a square of foam.

littledog said:
Anyone else notice with the Blue Mouse, that because of the way they screw directly into the mic stand, they are very sensitive to stand rumble? If I'm using it with someone who likes to tap their feet, i have to make them take their shoes off and stand on a square of foam.
shockmount

Back