SBLive/Gigastudio

mayan

I am currently running a system with a Darla and an SBLiveValue (primarily for the soundfonts). I am contemplating exploring GigaStudio and am wondering whether there are any inherent conflicts between GigaStudio and SBlive which I should be aware of. TIA

I know on their site, they used to have a section that mentioned non-gsif cards that were acceptable for use with Gigasampler and the SBLive was listed but it's not there anymore. I had used a SBLive Value with Gigasampler without probs but hadn't tried Gigastudio.

hi
I have got sb live value and gigastudio 160 v 2.0 and there arent any conflicts as far as the sound card is conserned. I have noticed that gigastudio eats much more ram than gigasampler 1.6 I had been using before and because I have just 128 mb I wasn't able to play my files in cakewalk 90 with gigstudio in background (with gigapiano and some drums) cause of dropouts. so I had to come back to gsampler 1.6 and everythn is all right but gsutio is really cool - great effects and a lot of functions. I believe that it had been for the ram that the dropouts happened and those who ve'got more than 128 are able to use it flawlessly.
good luck
lukgier

Back