SB Live! schematic wanted

slowmotion

Hi guys

Wanting to see if anyone knows where I can source a schematic for a Soundblaster Live card.

I really like the Live card now I understand the DSP stuff (using the KX drivers obviously). Anyone who has a Live card, go get KX NOW and sit down somewhere quiet and learn how the DSP works and be amazed at how your $5 card is actually quite powerful (relatively speaking).

I'm wanting to do a few mods to one; mainly using better caps in the power section and replacing lytics with films in the signal path. Also seeing what difference a heatsink will make, and adding some shielding to the back side of the card. I'm trying to lower the noise floor more than anything, but anecdotal evidence on the net seems to suggest it'll actually sound better. Not sure about that, so I'd like to try.

The thing is, I don't know which caps are carrying signal and which are power. I know I could work it out but figured it would be much easier with a schematic!

I know I can get a better card blah blah. This is for my home PC and I honestly do not require more than 16bit/48khz, I just want to tinker.

Anyone?

that's kinda like polishing a turd, no?
It is EXACTLY like polishing a turd.

But hey, find me a card that can do DSP any way I want it and has drivers as kickass as the KX (once you can work out how the hell it works), does soundfonts, has midi with that stupid old joystick port (which I want cos the cable I bought for it cost more than my keyboard haha), does full duplex and is $5.

Seriously, it's all I need (it's my home PC, not a DAW) for jotting down guitar ideas and a bit of midi stupidness. And if I ruin it in the process, no harm done.

With a handful of capacitors and a $3 heatsink I reckon I can make it a bit betterer, so why not eh?

Back