SB Live Plat-can't get SPDIF working-Help!

Bruce

I can record with line-ins, but I haven't been successful using the SPDIFs- Could there be a SPDIF selection option for recording setup missing somehow? (Like having the Setup sftwre for the earlier version which didn't have SPDIF, only line-ins...)
Please excuse my ignorance-I'm just learning!
(ps- I tried both my DAT deck and my CD player, if that helps...)

Thanx Much!!!

Bruce, first check to see if the sound card is conected properly. Noy that you don't know what your doing but some spdifs need to be connected directly.Secondly, if you are using soundblaster you may have to update your software, even if it is a brand new card. Third, conigure the sound blaster mixing software,called (creative mixer/sourond mixer).If you don't have this go get it from thier web site.Now go go to the mixer, on the left side the recording input has to be set to spdif.then on the right side find the spdif slider and enable it with the button below that.

Yeah, first make sure you have it enabled and chosen as the recording device in the mixer - if that doesn't work, get liveware 3.0, as the first set of drivers didn't properly with the s/pdif (a lame attempt at copyright protection)... you'll need to uninstall the first set of drivers, but you'll get that option running the setup for 3.0

Back