SB Audigy Platinum and M-AUDIO

eddbud

Hello People

Ok, here is my prediciment.

I currently have a sounblaster audigy platinum, and want to upgrade to an m-audio 410 or the 1010lt.

My problem is this,

I cant get hold of the 1010lt for a while, knowone in the uk has 1 in stock. Its 275 quid.

I have lots of outboard gear which i want to process individual channels with. So i need the 8 outs, but not the 8 ins really.

I could get the 410, but this has no midi, so i need to get a midi interface, say for example the midisport 1x1. This together will be about 220 quid.

Will the sb audigy work with the 410, so i can use the midi interface on the audigy? Saving me 40 quid.

Or should i wait for the 1010lt to become available?

Thanks, any views appreciated.

Edd Budzynski

I would wait for the 1010. It's easier to use outboard gear with multiple outs and ins, it gives you more routing options. Not to mention how much easier it would be to record the effects to disk... :)

Thanks

Im thinking i should wait to.

At least then i can loose the audigy,

I would send the outs to my patchbay, into effects, then from the effects back to the patchbay. Then from the bay back to the mixer so i can control more from there. Record to minidisc, then optical to coaxial convertor to 1010lt. So i can burn to disc.

For 50 quid more i get the midi interface allready on the card and 6 more inputs.

Edd

Re: Thanks

eddbud said:
Record to minidisc, then optical to coaxial convertor to 1010lt. So i can burn to disc.
With the 1010LT you could just bypass the "record to minidisk"-stage and record directly back into your sequenser. ;)

Could do

Didnt think of that, thats the problem, that card can do so much!

As long as i can get the latency down far enough so i dont get any timing probs!

Looks like i dont have a choice now, turnkey have given me a quotation for the order anyway! Cheeky monkeys!

Edd

Back