by Nils Andriessen (http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/dreamstd/download.htm) to
alter a performance and then save it to the 1010? Will it remain there after
I've turned the power to the 1010 off, or will I have to redo the whole
thing?
Let's say I save a performance (containing split points, effects settings
and chosen patches) for a certain song on the first of the 32 user
performance memories. How can I then chose to "access" this performance from
my GEM WS2 workstation? I can make the WS2 send on different MIDI channels,
but how do I choose which performance I'm actually playing?

I would appreciate any answers and ideas anyone can have concerning these
topics!

Regards, Niklas Hugosson
--
Student at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden

I have a JV1010,and although I've never tried what you're asking about,it's my understanding that the 1010 doesn't save ANY user data when you power down like programs and fx.But I'd love to be proven wrong about this 'cause it would be nice to have to save all that stuff as SySex on my sequencer all the time.Cheers!

As far as I know, You "can" save certain things about the performance, ie: which MIDI channels are on and which are off...

But the FX and other settings are not retained...

You'll have to sys-ex it with settings like volume, fx depth, etc...

I have had some success with programming a certain sound to have a particular set of effects though - Save the sound - and have the 1010 in performance mode and call up the sound with the effects on the primary MIDI channel...

The sound on the primary channel determines the effects for all the other sounds in the performance, If you call up the changes, then call THAT sound into the primary channel, the effects would set the way you want them to... (Pretty complicated, but it'll work)...

Pelo que eu sei, você "pode" salvar certas coisas sobre uma performance, ou seja: quais canais MIDI estão ligados e quais estão desligados...

Mas o FX e outras configurações não são mantidas...

Você terá que sys-ex com configurações como volume, profundidade de efeitos, etc...

Eu tive algum sucesso com a programação de um determinado som para ter um conjunto específico de efeitos - Salve o som - e coloque o 1010 no modo de desempenho e acesse o som com os efeitos no canal MIDI principal ...

O som no canal primário determina os efeitos de todos os outros sons na performance. Se você chamar as alterações e então chamar ESSE como para o canal primário, os efeitos serão definidos da maneira que você deseja... (Bem complicado, mas vai funcionar)...
I'm sorry to say with regret, I had a jv1010 and my biggest disappointment was knowing that when I disabled some midi channels through the editor, when I turned the module off and on again, all the channels came back on, which was terrible for me, as I didn't use it. only this module in my productions, I used other modules connected in thru as well, so I used the 1010 of channels 4 to 9 with it, and channels 10 to 16 distributed by the other modules (proteus, Tr rack, etc.) so I had to creating a sysex pro sequencer to give the signal to the 1010 to disable the channels I wanted turned off, this was a very annoying job to do, unlike my other modules, which kept the midi channels turned off even after turning off each one of them and call again. That's why I ended up selling it, even though I'm sad, because its sounds are great. Below I show in my YouTube video what happens.

Last edited:
Back