Saving originals

M Havlen

I'm recording my tracks in PA9. I'm confussed about how to go about saving the original unprocessed tracks, so that I have them to revert to if i screw something up , or the final mix sounds like shit. Copy them?? Thanks.

M Havlen said:
I'm recording my tracks in PA9. I'm confussed about how to go about saving the original unprocessed tracks, so that I have them to revert to if i screw something up , or the final mix sounds like shit. Copy them?? Thanks.
Copy them and archiving them would be the safest method. If you archive them, they will not use any of your CPU resources upon playback. In fact, you can even hide them from view.

However, you should also try as much as possible not to do destructive edits to the tracks in the first place. This is a bit difficult in PA9. You really need Sonor to completely avoid destructive edits.

However, there are still things to do in PA9. For ex., use realtime effects rather than destructively applying them to the track. Use volume envelopes instead of the +3db/-3db commands. And so on.

You can also save them as a bun file. Then save your bun to a disc. I do this quite a bit. Then anything you do, you'll still have your original copy to go back to.

Back