Samson Mics?

CreepRockRecord

ive been trying to poist this for over a week but theres a proxy server error and it says i already posted the duplicate message in the last 5 minutes but it doesnt show up on the board?

I recently purchased the samson 7-drum mic kit from ebay.

it comes with a
Q-Kick
Q-Snare
Q-Tom (3) and
C02 Condenser Mics (2)

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with these mics and if any of them are decent for recording guitar or bass cabs.

(Eventually im going to upgrade my kick mic to a AKG D112. they are used at a local venue and i love the sound)

I suppose your best option would be to use that snare mic or a sd. The sd will probably go back a little bit from the amp, but you can stick that snare mic right up on the grille. I doubt you can get anything good. Go buy a sm-57

Got the mics

i tryed them on the drums so far. with the kick mic and a tom mic on the beater side of the kick you can get a good punchy slappy sound, and the snare sound is pretty snappy sounding. the c02's are decent. they'll do for now. i didnt have the toms loud enough when i did a test recording so i'll havw to check them out again. havent tryed them with guitar yet.

hey

i have the samson 5 mic kit and i can get really nice sounds from them the kick takes a little more work than othermics. and i think im going to upgrade me kick to a beta 52 . for over heads i use 603s's and i get a great dry drum mix that isnt hard to mix to sound really good. but i also have a donoho custom drumkit too its a great sounding kit alot of the sound has to do with the tuning of the drums . like being tuned for live stuff is way diff. from a studio tunng lol great tom and snare mics

Back