SAMSON Co2 CONDENSER MIC PROBLEM!

LukeDrum44

hi there im new to this forum.
i just ordered a 7 peice set of samson mics including 2 samson co2 overhead condenser mics.
and i cant get them to work. ive plugged it into the mixer but at the moment there no sound - its not recording.
the connection from the 1/4 jack to the XLR is apparent. (its there in place ..)
but once the XLR is connected to the mic nothing is happening.
Please help
much apreciated
- Luke44

On your XLR, you have 3 pins and on a 1/4" you must also have 3 corrosponding connections which are Tip, Ring, and Sleeve. It looks like a stereo headphone plug. In order for the phantom power to get to your mic, you need all 3 connections. If it's only a guitar style 1/4" plug, (TS tip sleeve) no power will get to the mic

On your XLR, you have 3 pins and on a 1/4" you must also have 3 corrosponding connections which are Tip, Ring, and Sleeve. It looks like a stereo headphone plug. In order for the phantom power to get to your mic, you need all 3 connections. If it's only a guitar style 1/4" plug, (TS tip sleeve) no power will get to the mic

AFAIK, phantom power is never provided on a 1/4" connector, or at least it should never be. Phone plugs are not short-safe when you plug them in. You must use an XLR to XLR cable for phantom power.

AFAIK, phantom power is never provided on a 1/4" connector, or at least it should never be. Phone plugs are not short-safe when you plug them in. You must use an XLR to XLR cable for phantom power.

Actually in the case of a 1/4" TRS mic patchbay, you would need 1/4" TRS. but you are right about "short-safe". In the case of patchbays, they usually have an "interrupt" until the plug is fully seated. I use the TT balanced plugs but still leave the 48v off until the mic is connected.
I guess the confusion is when the original post read about his 1/4" plug.

i think i got it

i have a XLR to 1/4 jack
you need XLR to XLR

so i just need to send 2 XLR to 1/4 jacks back
and then order 2 XLR to XLR ones
thanks alot everyone!!!
=D !!!

Actually in the case of a 1/4" TRS mic patchbay, you would need 1/4" TRS. but you are right about "short-safe". In the case of patchbays, they usually have an "interrupt" until the plug is fully seated. I use the TT balanced plugs but still leave the 48v off until the mic is connected.
I guess the confusion is when the original post read about his 1/4" plug.

thanks sorted it - i just need XLR to XLR ones
thankyoou!!!
much apreciated - youre awesome =]

Thank you, thank you a thousand times!!!!
I've had the same problem and was about to send my co2's back to where I bought them, but this topic saved me!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back