Samson co1u Users (questions)

Jay_west

Im thinking about purchasing the samson co1u does anyone knows if it has latency with windows? Does it record in stereo or mono? I hear the wire is little short but thats okay I already found a extension cable its a A/B cable. Its about 15' in. Is it compatable with most programs because Im going to use it with Cool Edit 2.1. When you use it is it possable you can hear your vocals while recording over a instrumental trough headphones?

Jay_west said:
Im thinking about purchasing the samson co1u does anyone knows if it has latency with windows? Does it record in stereo or mono? I hear the wire is little short but thats okay I already found a extension cable its a A/B cable. Its about 15' in. Is it compatable with most programs because Im going to use it with Cool Edit 2.1. When you use it is it possable you can hear your vocals while recording over a instrumental trough headphones?

It is my understanding that you cannot monitor pre-recorded tracks while recording with the samson. It (along with 99% of microphones) is mono.

scrubs said:
It is my understanding that you cannot monitor pre-recorded tracks while recording with the samson. It (along with 99% of microphones) is mono.

So your telling me I cant listen to my beats whle recording? Hows that? Because the mic goes into the USB and my headphones go into the input of my computer aint that something. Are you sure about that. Im going to be usig it with Cool Edit 2.1

Jay_west said:
So your telling me I cant listen to my beats whle recording? Hows that? Because the mic goes into the USB and my headphones go into the input of my computer aint that something. Are you sure about that. Im going to be usig it with Cool Edit 2.1

Perhaps you can. I think I remember reading that you won't be able to directly monitor your vocal while tracking, though. Latency may be an issue, as well, since you are tracking through the USB and monitoring via your soundcard.

I dont know I had asked my friend Chicago and told him about this post he says there no latency. And you can hear your vocals while recording and you can hear the beat. So I was right what does the USB has to do with what you hear from you inputs?!! Thank enway.

Well, I hope it works out for you. Several posts and user reviews of that mic have complained about not being able to directly monitor your voice while recording. I've never used it, though, so I can't say for sure what they were doing wrong.

I have the mic. In CEP you CAN hear previously recorded tracks but you CANNOT hear what you are currently recording.

Back