Samplitude SE vs. Magix Music Studio 11

Secret Clubhous

Does anyone know what the differences/pluses/minuses about these programs are? Both are about the same price point & made by the same co.
& either would probably meet my needs.

FYI, I do both audio & MIDI.

Just in case it makes a difference, you'll be able to get SamplitudeSE for free (well, $14 at Borders/Barnes&Noble) very soon:

http://www.kvraudio.com/index.php?s=main#news5695

The cover DVD with issue 103 of Computer Music magazine (Summer 2006) features the full MAGIX Samplitude V8 SE, in a UK-exclusive giveaway worth €49. It comes with an 8-page tutorial in the magazine to get you started, and features:

* 48 tracks, 2 submix buses, 4 aux buses.
* Consistent use of 32-bit floating point processing.
* ASIO, MME, and WDM support.
* Comprehensive real-time audio editor functions.
* Unique object-oriented editing options.
* Batch processing, flexible mixer with variable signal flow.
* ReWire, DirectX and VST plug-in support.
* Automatic latency compensation for Samplitude effects.
* VSTi support, including 8 separate outputs.
* MIDI recording and editing.
* Support for up to 8 I/Os (24-bit/96kHz).
* Mixer automation (volume, pan), 5x undo/redo.
* High-quality effects: Normalize, 4-band parametric EQ, Stereo Enhancer, Amp Simulation, Vocoder, Dehisser, Timestretching/Pitchshifting, Panorama, Dynamics (Compressor, Expander, Noise Gate, Limiter), Reverb, Delay, Resampling, Declipping, Distortion, Noise Reduction, Phase Invert.

Also on this month's CM DVD are 2,190 royalty-free samples, including the massive Mandy Edge Vocal Toolkit. Computer Music 103 is on sale now in the UK.

Hey, thanks for the tip, I tried both stores & here they only had June 2006 which had Magix Music Maker & July 2006 which didn't have any thing even similar. Maybe it's only a UK version & their site didn't seem to have any info on how to get it in the US.

Back