Sample Game Pt 2

Nice flip! Love the change ups, nice mix, overall it's pretty dope imo. It's not very complex but it's very effective! I wish I could do that.

Great work :)

here's mine, it's called...oh baby...http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=751257&content=music

brief description of my flip...
bass kick - sampled from song and undertoned/layered with another bass kick
hi hat - sampled from song and detuned
claps - sampled from song and added reverb
bassline - written by me
scratch effect- by me
all other samples from song had a touch of echo or reverb
everything was compressed at -16db threshold, 3.0:1 ratio 9.0db gain, 18.0ms attack, 440ms release

dac

Last edited:
im gon try this one - but who am i foolin . . . im terrible at samplin - esp. on the triton
lol
but im gon learn it if it takes me 50 years . .. my tombstone will have a cd player attached to it, and my sampled beats will be playin from it - nonstop!!! with the words . . "finally" written on it
lol

Cell, What I really dig about your beat is pretty much everything...Alot of catz don't realize how hard it is to come out of left field and you're doing it. I mean who wouldn't want to drop jewels like Pete Rock, 9th Wonder, or Premo? They have set the bar and it's very hard to go around it so coming out of left field is a really good approach sometimes.

Much respect yo,

dac

Last edited:
Cell, What I really dig about your beat is pretty much everything...Alot of catz don't realize how hard it is to come out of left field and you're doing it. I mean who wouldn't want to drop jewels like Pete Rock, 9th Wonder, or Premo? They have set the bar and it's very hard to go around it so coming out of left field is a really good approach sometimes.

Much respect yo,

dac

thanks for the feedback DAC. making wild tracks is just so much more fun because it allows you more breathing room as far as sampling goes. it's cool because it's unexpected!! can't wait for the next sample... i'm ready to flip it already!!

i really like it, but i kept expecting the drums to come in super hard and turn it to a banger, ya know? still dope though

Ha, ha, i know what u mean! when i first started making the track i had the drums centered and they hit super hard, but when i started adding all the other sounds i thought that it sounded better with the drums spread out "super wide". i felt that a rapper with a nice mellow flow, ( ala- T.I. ), would make this a nice club banger, and the drums would fill up all the speakers, since they were so wide.... well.. that's what my vision was at least!! thanks for the feedback my dude!!:cool:

liv_rong I feel you on that. The mistake I made was listening to first flip before even attempting mine. I usually dont listen to anyone elses until I do mine but he had it done so fast that I had to listen. What I'm getting at is he took it and did a dirty south style flow to it so thats where my mind was originally at. Then I stopped and said I was gonna do something different so I focused more on a east coast hip hop type vibe. That may or may not work for you but thats what happened with me. Just break it down and go from there. It's helps me to drop my drumline first and build from there.

you can freak this...

dac

ha ha.. click on the link.. then when the page opens look in the top right corner.. you'll have to type in a code for the download... type it in and click download.. after that you have to wait like 45 seconds.. then you should be set.

enter the code at the top in the blank spot on the right side of it, then click download.

I thought you were talking about the sample itself....lol

dac

Ok this is a continuation of decalion's thread "I had a bright idea..." thought I would post a new sample, its an 80's song "Circles In The Sand" by the bangles.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V9524SSH

I already flipped my beat so check it out here, and maybe gets ome inspiration for your beat.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=524655&songID=6116385

Very nice work you have here!

I just cant do this one, due to lack of skills:(. I have trouble sampling songs that have drums in them. I usually snatch up only notes or instruments and drums:o

Back