sample CD recommendation and controllers

et MA

I currently program drum tracks with my Alesis QS8.1 keyboard and record to uLogic and add analog .
I can download samples to a flash card.

Does buying a drum sample CD behoove me if I want to:

1)maybe use pre-recorded beats and fills
2)dload samples into my flash and create my own beats and fills
3)A combination of both eg. I use some preprogrammed beats, and create my own fills and beats with samples from the same drum set (do they provide samples of each drum/cymbal etc. along with beats and fills?)
4) What about tempos for pre-programmed beats? I think I can use Sound Forge to modifiy the BPM, but isn't that hairy?

If there are CDs that can do the above, what are they (style - rock/jazz/alternative)? I hate to drop 100-150$ for something I can't use.

Also, I'd probably like to buy a percussion controller to use sticks on to get more realistic fills - any recommendations?

The answer to most of your questions is yes.

Modifying temp is easy but the quality will depend on your software and settings.

Individual hit samples will depend on the library you buy.

There are some other threads here with lots of reccomendations and links to free samples. I'm looking for some good acoustic samples myself.

I dont play drums so I cant really reccomend a controller but Roland has some cool Percussion controllers with multiple pads that you can use sticks on.

Back