Sample BPM's?

subtractor

At what tempo should you record samples for acid so that they are accurately controlled by the master tempo?

SPINSTERWUN said:
You should record your samples at the tempo rate of the song in question.

But let's say the song is at 130bpm, and I record it that tempo, which I have, when I bring it into acid and set the master tempo to 130bpm, the sample is much faster...:confused:

I suspect that the default ACIDizing process messes up your loops because they are a bit too long. That is, perhaps you recored them at 130 bpm but they are a little longer than precisely two or four or eight bars in length.

Another guess, the loops are not percussive and so the automatic marker-inserting that occurs, a.k.a. ACIDizing, has no way of telling where to place the markers

I agree with AlChuck. I wouldn't acidize the loop if it is more that eight (8) betas long.

Plus, sometimes you will need to play around with the sample.

I t might sound better as a loop. Or it might sound better as an one-shot. You might need to pitch-shift the sample. You might need to adjust it's disk-based properties.

There are a few different approaches you can make.

spin

BPM and Acid

Are we talking about grabbing samples off of a disc for the purpose of remixing or building a sample base from others' music? If that's the case then run the Beatmapper, and, yes, if the track is long you may find that four bars down the line the track is not synced, to remedy this do it in sections, and use the measure by measure monitor in the beat mapper to make sure you have a tight sync. That metronome in the beatmapper is infallible so do your best to line up the grid visually and aurally and you should have no trouble, also make sure that "change tempo to beatmapped track" is ticked as well as "preserve pitch".
Another tip is to sync the track while watching the BPM counter below the grid window in the beatmapper, you can stay within "safe" ranges by adjusting the quantizing (line up and sync) in the grid.
Chris D'Asta CEO, Nanolabs Multimedia
www.nanolabsmultimedia.cjb.net

Back