SAGA Guitar Kits

Bahrain_Phill

I was wondering if anyone here has put together one of those SAGA guitar kits? I have seen them on ebay for a long time and finaly broke down and got the Tele-Style. I have seen some walkthroughs online of people who have had great success with them, however, I also saw plenty of reviews claiming they are pure junk. Anyone here have experience with them? Good, Bad or Ugly...

i have a strat that i got really cheap at a store put everything together and it works just fine sounds great and the way i did it made sure that it plays great.
on the other hand a friend of mine got his on ebay and it sucks but i was able to pick through more than one kit to find the body and neck i wanted for mine... all in all i think that all the holes lined up and all the parts were there and everything was fine with it.... i will post pictures of it soon.

I too am interested in the Saga's.,.....not that I need any more guitars, but still........

It'd be nice to have something like that to practice finishing and setting up. :)

I read a bunch of reviews about month ago on these things, and basically you get what you pay for in materials, but it is a solid body with a fretted neck. It seems the majority of the complaints were about fit and finish.......like most of the screw holes didn't line up and things like that.........things that wouldn't make a big difference to me, but might to some others.

Rick

If someone wanted a really nice kit that would be 100% functional in fit, finish, and playability, I would suggest the Carvin Kit.......but it is about 3 times as much.

Are there any other kits out there to consider?

I havn't been able to find any other kits besides saga and carvin. The next best thing is to go on ebay and buy individual parts....or to your local shop I guess. I figure, for the price, what the heck. It will give me some practice before I spend lots of money on decent parts.

I bought a Saga Strat kit once.. Didn't have time to put it together until a few weeks later, and when I did, the neck and bridge weren't lined up.

I used a bunch of the parts on other guitars, but I still have most of it sitting around somewhere.

warmoth.com has a nice selection, you can basically put together any kind of guitar you'd like, and it's all customizable and what not. a little more expensive but still a nice deal.

I just ordered a strat neck from them. I'm waiting to see how it turns out

Yeah that's some real nice stuff at Warmoth! I had basically commited to making my own guitar through them, but I ended up getting a 50th Ann. Strat instead. :)

The Warmoth was going to run me about $1400.00 with out pickups and a case......which I was willing to pay for my own "one-off" Axe......but definantly out the league of a Saga and Carvin type "kit". :)

Rick

Back