Sacred Cow

Love the song and the Bowie feel !
I think there's a problem with the low instruments fighting for space and robbing the clairity. I would start with bass against the kick and low toms.
Just my 2 cents .. Still Nice .. mark

Individually the sounds of everything are cool.

But everything is fighting for space. The vocals are competing with the guitars. The bass and kick are competing for low end. The guitars are fighting each other. etc.

There also a bit of a low end rumble problem.

Love the song and the Bowie feel !
I think there's a problem with the low instruments fighting for space and robbing the clairity. I would start with bass against the kick and low toms.
Just my 2 cents .. Still Nice .. mark
There are 2 bass guitars along with the synth bass so yes its a size 44 bottom trying to find room in size 36 jeans.
Thanks for the spin mark

Individually the sounds of everything are cool.

But everything is fighting for space. The vocals are competing with the guitars. The bass and kick are competing for low end. The guitars are fighting each other. etc.

There also a bit of a low end rumble problem.
The low end rumble is probably the 2nd bass :D Probably fixable with some surgical EQ. Cheers Trip

The song is pretty good, but I agree that the bass is overwhelming stuff. The mix seems awfully dark to me. There's not a lot of top end on the voices or snap on the drums, at least on my JBL308s.

What are you using to monitor your mix?

I personally love the mono effect.... I agree on the bass being a little too overpowering. Got the Bowie schtick down to a T :)

Back