Rush - Red Barchetta (karaoke)

cygnus

Karaoke version of Rush's Red Barchetta. It's not exactly easy to find a vocalist that can...or is willing....to sing like Geddy Lee. So I am presenting this as an instrumental version. Enjoy.:listeningmusic:

Jim Baronas - Guitars, Bass, Keys
Jay Givan - Drums

SoundClick artist: Allison's Engine - page with MP3 music downloads

This has always been one of my all-time favorite songs, so I found it only appropriate to add it to the bucket list of songs to learn, perform, and record.
Thanks for listening. :thumbs up:

I think the drums lack some presence... they can come up somewhat.

The rhythm can be tighter in a few spots as well.

Also I'm pretty sure that the melodic thing in the intro is played by the bass, not the guitar, on the original recording.

You have a nice guitar tone though!

Nicely done, one of my favourite Rush songs.

Thanks for the response SloppyJo. I probably should have waited a day or so before posting this as the final version, to give the mix another listen. I'm not sure if the drums need to come up or it's the guitars that need to come down.
The tightness of the rhythm...well what can I say...it's not the easiest song to perform.

The melodic part in the beginning "IS" being played by the bass. In my attempt to get that Rickenbacker growl with a Schecter Stilleto Custom, I had to run the bass through my guitar amp. Maybe that's why it sounds like a guitar to you.

The guitar tone is simply from a PRS Custom 24 through a Blackstar HT5 amp. I love this amp.....

Very nice .....I don`t think the drums have the punch they need and the Bass guit is just not cutting through enough for me other than that great job on it ...I`d consider doin vocals for it PM ...me if interested.

I think the drums lack some presence... they can come up somewhat.
Ditto that. Also, they could use a smidge of reverb to breath a little life into em. The performances on guitar/bass/keys are excellent - guitar tone = KILLER! Bass tone not so much, but plausible. The keys sit nicely in the mix. The drums have the hardest part living up to Peart's precision percussion - and obviously your buddy doesn't have anywhere near the set NP has. He does the best he can with the tools he has but I wished he could have tightened up his performance. All in all, a solid effort and an enjoyable listen. Thanks for not decimating one of my youth's musical touchstones. ;)

I'd like to take a crack at singing this if you still have the instrumental version.

Back