"Running With The Stars"

boydrj

Hello again, everyone,

I have just posted another song from 1995 (man, am I ever going to finish anything new). Anyway, I was kind of going for a Brian Wilson feel to this and singing to a girl I knew at the
time so my lyrics are kind of cornball.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/theinside/singles

"Running With The Stars"

p.s. I wish I could sing

Any feedback? Thanks for listening!

I quite enjoyed it.

easy on the ears.

I think the vox could come up a little.

Also, put a limiter on it to max your loudness.

I do like the chord progression very much. Maybe even a bit Beatle-esque. You do have some writing skills. The vocals do need some work though.

IMO, I would lose the doubled vocal tracks. If you can, you could try doing a bunch of takes and comp the best pieces together. The guitar is a bit muddy, too. Might want to scoop out some of the mids.

The arrangement is decent. I think it'd be worth the extra effort.

nice tune..

I agree that maybe dumping some of the doubled vocals would help.. I like the tune though.. Maybe try a little chorus for a doubling effect...not too much, but a little instead of doubling the whole thing... I like the progression.. This doesnt sound bad for being encoded at 64kbps..

easy on the ears as Cyan put it.. Why did the song say that it was 10 minutes long and it was only four? nice tune.. the vocals are what needs the most attention, but I have vocal problems too.. nice job for the most part

late
sam

Very nice song and I like the way the guitars were recorded--it is quite "Brian Wilson-ish". You would benefit however from an Antares pitch corrector--the off key notes are the only thing holding this song down. I don't mean to offend of be harsh, but it is a good song and can certainly be improved if the vocal pitch can be fixed.

Thanks!

Thank you to all that listened!

Cyan -- I really appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Interesting, I wrote this song while driving, without an instrument in hand, so I kind of think of it as a "driving song" that is easy on the ears. Thanks for your kind words!

Seanmorse -- I totally agree with you about the vocals! I never really thought about not double tracking it, so that is something I think I'm going to try, and I know I need to work on intonation! Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:

Sab -- Great suggestion! Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure why it said the song was 10 min long. I have been having some browser problems lately, so maybe that has something to do with it. I definitely need to work on my vocals, but I think your vocals are great...don't beat yourself up, man!

Oct -- Thanks for taking the time to listen! I was thinking about buying a pitch corrector, I definitely could use one. The only thing I was worried about is if it will sound too "computerized" or does it sound real natural? If you have any feedback on this, please let me know. I haven't had a chance to actually try one yet, but I agree that I could use one! Thanks again!

You've heard all the vocal comments. That's the only weak point in the tune, IMHO. The writing kicks serious ass. I was reminded of Super Tramp.

Back