Running Mixer To The 788/problem

SMITHKI

i just recieved a behringer 2442fx-pro for Chrismas.i am having trouble getting the effects from the mixer to the 788.this is how i have it hooked up.main left and right output from the mixer to my monitor speakers.then i take a line from the mixer direct outs 1,2,3,4 to the 788 into inputs a,b,c,d, so i canput seperate things in each channel.the problem i'm having is that i can't get the mixer digital effects to go into the788.i hear them thru the monitor speakers but on the head phones in the 788 there are no effects from the mixer being heard.everthing else just works beatifully but no effects.its great to be able to plug into a mixer instead of the back of the 788 and really i prefer the 788 effects over the behringer especially for voice,but there are some effects for guitar that i would like to record.i know its probably better to record without effects and add them in later,but i'm not sure how to do that with the mixer effects.if someone could give me some advise here i would appreciate it much.thanks so much

kirk

You may want to look at the mixer specs. and see if the output
channels 1 thru 4 are pre or post internal effects. Many times internal effects on mixers and home studio recorders are only
routed to stereo outputs and stereo busses. Good Luck!!

Jeff

Back