Run For Your Life- Final?

INSERT SOUND CLIP OF APPLAUSE HERE

Terrific writing - I really appreciate through-composed music even though I can't write it. There's so much to this mix I can't begin to comment. But one thing I noticed is the really tasty drum sounds - I think they're the best I've ever heard and perfectly blended in the 'same room' as the rest of the band. (The programming is completely off the scale!) Guitar and keyboard work - admirable - I want to meet the band that can play this as a group.

Marvelously smooth bass playing - motivating the rest of the band - impressive musicianship.

Artistry teamed with artistry - can't lose.
When comes the CD??
~Milan

The synth effects add a bunch... like that alot

It sounds like the lead overdubs could use more reverb to distance it from the mix. But it seems to fit in dry when no other instruments are playing like @ 4:50

Dandy job!

Tom-

This is sweeeet. I sure do miss long songs that take you on a journey like this. Very cool

Can I ask you , do you use a condenser or dynamic for lead vocals? Or combo?

Thanks guys...still enjoying my ass off playing Tom's songs.

The instrumental part at the end still gives me goosebumps...

Dude this is seriously professional quality. Fantastic song and production. How did you record it?

Yeah I realised, although I didn't think my asking would cause problems. Sorry if it did/does!

Cheers for the link

This song is one of my favorites of yours so far. So much going on a subtle changes makes it hard to comment. The real bass did put it over the top. At first the vocal mix didn't sit quite right but now I'm thinking it fits the mood of the song better. The older mix seemed to be a bit more in your face. Both versions are keepers but the Ped bass gives this one the edge for me.

I've had a rough couple of weeks myself so we both must be doing something right!;)

Hey Tom,
I just dropped you an email. I hope you're doing ok.

The music in the meantime is sounding awesome. Even with the retracked guitar and Tjarko's awesome bass playing - I think the biggest improvement here is the drum sound. Especially the snare. Sounds a lot better.

I agree with some of the comments about the bass getting overpowering in parts. But I don't think it's too loud. I think it sounds like someone else recorded it on a different system in another country (ok, I can't hear the "another country" part). So far you've done surprisingly well in making Tjarko's parts fit in smoothly. While this one is good and very close, it does sound a little out of place. On the first couple listens I didn't even notice. I'm confident that you can blend it in when your ears and mind are feeling fresh.

I'm listening to an older version now. Yes, the new dirty guitars are quite an improvement.

Glorious. Probably the best I've heard you sound.

Pedullist's bass is superb.

Hope real life gets better.

Cheers

AB

Damn, just realised how good this song actually is. Are you signed for a label? I honestly believe that what I'm hearing is better than anything in the chart at the moment.

Setting the bar high

Damn this is good guys.

The mix does get a bit dark/thick in a few spots. I think the guitars could use a bit more edge in the chorus.

That pretty much a nit-pick though.;)

The writing, and performances on this are absolutely top-shelf.:cool:

That's probably why it's not on a major label.:p

Back