Roomy(underoath) sounding snare

tddrummer

I've always been working torwards this snare sound, and i hope you guys can help. He always has a huge roomy snare sound that still has plenty of punch. I have no idea how to get it, so after two years of trying I decided to turn it over to you guys. There might not even be many underoath listeners, but i thought i'd give it a shot anyway, so here's my questions:

Do you know what kind of mic Aaaron has used in past records?

Also, what type of placement and effects.

These are the main two/three questions i could come up with..he also uses the same sound on his record "southern weather," with his band The Almost, recorded with Aaron Sprinkle. Thanks ahead for any help you guys might give:)

on define the great line, it sounded like the snare had some sort of natural room sound to it.....maybe a one of the samples CLA used was of a room sound........I know that the steven slate samples have room samples too and they get me pretty close to that sound.

on lost in the sound it's a plate verb. That probably what was on the almost....it's the same mixing engineer.

when you create your verbs, give them a little bit of pre-delay. most people try to get the pre delay on time with the song.

On the new record it sounds like the verb is pretty quick sounding. so your reverb length should be pretty short.

Back