Room Upstairs

Low end is always a problem. At least it is the area that seems to create the most issues. Well, aside from good performance. You got talent. Getting the recording to reflect it is the challenge.

When I shut down my sub, I hear that the bass guitar lacks the low end. Kick is consuming all of your sub 100hz space. Seems the kick and bass are not syncing with each other. If I were working this mix, I would play with eq on both in 60-200 range. Cutting one and boosting the other (frequency of bass and kick). Find the sweet spot there, and the mix should open up a bit.

Thanks jimmy - this is mega helpful advice again. I think I'd reached the point where my ears could take me no further and a little technical expertise is required. I'll focus on the areas you've suggested and see if I can get the low end tidied up. Cheers man, your comments are really encouraging :cool:

good advice from Jimmy there...the second mix is far better than the first one, the vocals in the second part come in much better

low end is the hardest part of mixing by far, Im only ever two mixes away from thinking I need to go back and fix the low end :)

Thanks for listening again kc, good to hear there's an improvement. Part of this is down to you recommending me getting some books on mixing audio a few months back - I'm already getting a little nostalgic for the days of ignorant bliss when I didn't even think twice about low end mud though... ;)

it was great when you're just so chuffed to get a track together....then you open pandora's box and wow, its a whole new world of learning

recording is like the mobile phone...how did we get by before it?? :D

it was great when you're just so chuffed to get a track together....then you open pandora's box and wow, its a whole new world of learning

recording is like the mobile phone...how did we get by before it?? :D

I am not sure how I survived the 'pre' mobile phone era. Sure it was aliens who got me through.....

Back