rolled up insulation?

bean 123

i read that rolled up fiberglass (non rigid) placed in the corners of the room works well as bass traps. has anyone heard of this?

Bean I don't know if it works as well but it does help from what I have read. I have been an onlooker here for a few days but i decided to join just to ask you kindly before you get eaten in here to please search before asking questions. I have seen at least 3 others taste a hot flame or two and it aint pretty.

or goto ethans site and read his free info there as there is a mention about the rolled up insulation.

bean 123 said:
i read that rolled up fiberglass (non rigid) placed in the corners of the room works well as bass traps. has anyone heard of this?
It can because in its wrapped state it has been compressed to about the right density and the skin acts as sort of a membrane. But it takes up floor space and is pretty half-assed compared to hanging a panel of 4 inches of 703 or 705

I think Ethan Winer actually suggests this practice as a low budget, last ditch sort of effort. It works, but as stated takes up more real estate than conventional traps.

Back