Roland XP80 sequencing question.

twonky

Hiya-

I will be recording a very techie metal band next week. they like to play w/ a click, no problem. My normal method is to find the tempo on the XP80 an d record the clicks into Samplitude.

WEll, its not so easy w/ these clown, as they require several BPM changes per song. I have never done this before.

Can some give me a real quick crash course in the best way to achieve this?

thanks
Twonk

ok twonk,

I got a Xp50, so I guess it is the same thing. First of all I use a click with my band and the xp50 is the source. I use a Korg kms-30 as the sync module and an old korg drum machine a the click source. Normally I would record a midi click on a sequencer to do what you want, then put my tempo changes at the appropriate measures and play it on the XP.

But you seem to not have an access to a software sequencer so let's do it on the Xp! You press the button tempo/beat/track and record. select the first tempo you want then pres start stop. You can play with the wheel or inc/dec button in real time and the tempo will change. But first you got to record a click or something in the sequencer for it to work.

Hope it helped, feel free to ask more questions,

Thierry

Back