Roland XP 80

jumpmanjr

Some people have suggested that I buy a roland xp 30. Is the xp 80 any good? How much would you suggest that I could buy it for?

Thanks,
Peter.

I'm going to follow your lead and start separate threads for each paragraph in my answer.

No, make that each sentence...

No, make that each word ---

or would it be better to start a new thread for each letter. D'you think that would make it too hard to follow? How little can I expect to pay?

Some people have suggested that I buy a roland xp 30. Is the xp 80 any good? How much would you suggest that I could buy it for?
1.) Good for them.
2.) Yes, it's nice.
3.) 25 dollars US

XP-80 is good, I see many still selling in the $800 range. I'd say no more than $500 myself. And stop asking the same questions in seperate threads trust me, we'll read your replies and new questions if you just tack them on to an existing thread :) Some of us have short memory spans, and won't remember where we posted what to check back for updates.

How come no one has recommended the xp-80 over the xp-30? Was there a flaw in the xp-80... I thought that the keyboards got better with the higher numbers; 80 vs. 30. Or do you just think that xp-80's are overpriced for their capabilities?

Hello jumpmanjr...I own a Roland XP-50 workstation/keyboard and have an interest in information about the Roland XP line...I came across this interesting link:

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ROLXP30

This is my take on the differences between the XP-80 and the XP-30:

The XP-80 has 76 semi-weighted keys, a sequencer, and a disk-drive, and 4 expansion slots (which allow the addition of sounds via expansion boards one can purchase)

The XP-30 has 61 keys (no sequencer, no disk-drive) and 2 expansion slots for adding sounds...it's selling point is that it is loaded "out of the box" with all the sounds of the XP-80 plus the sounds of 3 expansion boards (which formerly had to be purchased separately)

Back