Roland RS-70 or Korg Triton LE

Ishtar69

hi guys, i'm a sorta newbie here (mostly posted on the sonar BBS). i'm starting an electronica project and we're influenced by the group zero 7, as well as sneaker pimps, massive attack, chemical brothers, and portishead. we're mainly going for a "blue-eyed soul" sound, nothing too fancy or harsh. i'm looking into buying a keyboard to use for recording. i'm hoping it will have most, if not all, the sounds we need. i'm limited to what guitar center's offering, and looking at their latest ad it's between the Roland RS-70 or the Korg Triton LE. they're both within my price range which is why i chose those two. the yamahas were twice the price. i appreciate any input, and if you have another suggestion other than those two please let me know. thanks.

i'm reading the guitar center ad right now...the yamaha motif 61 key workstation is $1499. how much better is this keyboard from the other two? and what does "workstation" really mean and how does it differ from a plain "synthesizer?"

I chose the Motif6 over the Triton LE because of general build quality, reviews, onboard sampling (it is an option for the LE) and the fact that I like the sounds better.

I would not even consider the RS-70 because I already have a Roland XP-30. The RS series have no expansion possibilities either in the form of plug-in cards to add sounds/waveforms.

A workstation has an onboard sequencer and synthesizers don't.

thanks brzilian, i now know a lot more than i did last night. the yamahas seem to be one of the favorites here, so i think i'll spend the extra couple of hundred and get that one instead. my partner has the korg le already, so it's best for me to get a different board anyway.

it'll be a while (like a week) before i make my purchase, so i still welcome any other suggestions.

Back