Roland mmp-2

Gargamel

http://www.rolandus.com/products/2002/mmp-2.html

Hmmm....check out the ridiculous description of this in the American Musical Supply.

"The Roland MMP2 offers new features not found on any other microphone preamp-like COSM(R) mic modeling, four bands of a fully parametric EQ Mic Modeling, modeled tube compression, an enhancer and de-esser-plus ultra-intuitive control software for your MAC or PC. The sound quality rivals that of preamps costing hundreds more, thanks to superb-quality anaolg circuits and 24bit/96khz A/D conversion. Basically you get 2 complete 2480type input strips with everything from eq to excellent TUBE MODELED DYNAMICS. AND you get the amazing mic modeling Roland invented- turn your DR, SM, or AKG C3000 mic into an array of high end mics. All sorts of inputs are supported"............................blah blah blah

Now the funny part:
"...you will be able to download future plugins from Roland. Currently included are letter-perfect models of the Focusrite Red 7, Neve 1073, Summit Audio TPA2000 Dual Tube, Millenia Media HV-3, Manley Dual Mono SS, HHB Classic 80 Tube, Avalon VT 737SP Tube & AD2022SS and the Crane Song Flamingo!.

$599.97

---How do they get away with claiming such gibberish. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. This is another attempt by a company to brainwash the uneducated public into buying their garbage. It seems like a great idea, but don't go and tell me I can make a piece of shit mic come off sounding like a 'high mic' going through a Neve......c'mon now Roland.

Back