Roland MMP-2 digital out to Audiophile...

Sklathill

Soundcard Junkie
I'm trying to record from my newly acquired Roland MMP-2's SPDIF out...and it won't work. :\ The delta panel says there's a valid signal and I set the Roland to internal clock...but no sound comes out on it. Right now I've got both the XLR analog out and the SPDIF out connected, but only the analog shows what's going on with my mic...

I'm also trying the SPDIF in on my soundcard with my CD player...no problems there.

Is there some trick to it? Any ideas are appreciated...

If I recall you have to change the AP to digital in to recieve.
Perhaps the MP2 needs to be instructed to output spdif

How is that unit anyway ?

The AP is set to external SPDIF in for clok and it sees it as valid... The manual for tthe MMP2 actully says "There is no need to make settings for the output."

In any case...so far, it's a pretty great unit. More usable gain than my Presonus MP20. It's my best sounding mic-pre (which isn't saying that much, since all I have is an MP20, a DMP3, and some Tube MPs...) and the mic and preamp modeling are just fun to play with...

If only I could get it to output digital!

My cables are okay. My cdplayer outputs SPDIF to my card just fine. Just tried it with an Mbox and still no actual signal...

I'm convinced I have a bad unit so I'm gonna return it to the store, and also see if i can 1) exchange it and 2) make sure it works with something there with a digital out...

Back