Roland Keyboard

mgiles7

I have a Roland Kr-3500 full size, weighted keys, Keyboard. It was basically given to me by my Grandfather in his will. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this patuicular model, Pluses and minuses, what it is capable of...etc..

Any info would be great!
Thanks.

Matt

So nobody knows about this hunk of metal? That can't be a good sign... Anyone even have a link? I looked it up on Rolands website and got nothing...

Oh well.

Matt

Google search yielded a scant 8 hits, most of which are manuals, schematics and German web sites.

Rotsa Ruck

I believe the KR series were older digital pianos from Roland that came out about the same time as the E-10/E-20 arranger keyboads. It either makes use of SA synthesis (used in the old RD series electric pianos) or LA synthesis (used by the D series synths). I would look through old Keyboard magazines from '88-'92 if you have access to them. You'll probably find more info there. I personally never got to use/see one up close and in person.

Sorry... :(

mgiles7:

It's now 10 years later and I wonder what your experience was with the KR-3500? There's still bery little info on the Web. I'll try the suggestion to look in old magazines.

We just were given one also. We're spending $350 US to repair it and hope that's a good investment. I like the fact that the keys are designed to be have a very piano-like feel. This is ourt first keyboard and we will be using it to accoupany my girlfriend's singing.

Back