Roland JX-3P

mrmope

I just picked up one of these without the programmer. I am synth ignorant but have been trying to program this thing using the manual with no success.
Can someone give me a step by step simple instruction so that the penny may drop? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Mike

100-200$

In all fairness, the Jx3p is at the very low end of synths of that time and lacks many features that would make it usable and more popular (like editing via Midi since the PG is not a midi device, instead its some propriatary roland language)

I still have a rackmount brother, sister or close cousin of the JX-3p, the MKS-50. The only thing good about that synth was that using the last one of 32 preset 'chord memories' would stack all 6 voices on the same note making what I used to call a 'bastard unison mode'. It did provide some reasonably thick bass lines back in the day...

Speaking of 'back in the day', that's a mighty fine screen shot of the transport portion of Cubase on the Atari, altitude.

I spent a good deal of my youth sweating with that and the rest of the Cubase main page on a nice, crisp monochrome monitor. Atari had it right from the start - when IBM was using those fruity oranges and greens on black, Atari had black on white just the way it should have been.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back