ROland JV 2080 vs Roland JV 1010 ?

SoUlGuY

I heard about the new JV1010 and although i was told that the JV1010 is identical to the JV2080 minus the editing and slots, i was made to understand that the sound quality is not the same; Can anybody comment on this? THe price is more than half the JV2080 and the JV1010 comes with PC software for editing.

I'm still in a dilemma between choosing between these 2 models. My distributor in malaysia says that the diference between these two is not just the features but also the sound quality; the sound quality of 1010 is not as good. I don't quite know what that means though. My understanding is that they sounds come from the same JV chipsets..
Anyway, i understand that you've been using the JV1010; so is the software editing found in JV1010's software as complete as the JV2080? Or is the editing features in that software cut-down as well? thanx..would appreciate your comments as i have to make my decision to

Soulguy,

I had a 1080 and didn't do much in the way of patch editing, etc. It was simply more than I needed so I sold the unit and bought the 1010 for half the price. It sounds exactly the same and often better as I now have the piano sounds of the Session board, plus all the sounds from the 2080. It all depends on what you're looking to use it for but if you don't plan to expand that much and don't do much editing, the 1010 is great.

And the sound quality is the same as the 2080.

Personally speaking, stay away from the JV1010, it's a little thing like a half the size of a cable box, so there for it's not the greatest piece, but the JV2080 should be coming down in price. Not to startle you but at around $900 because Roland has two new modules out XV3080 & XV5080. If you dont mind (alright,o.k.,get by) sounds then 1010 is cool, if you want to do some major stuff 2080 is a better bet, plus you can get extra sound cards to put in the slot to acquire extra sounds.

STAY AWAY from Jv-1010 what ever the situation. It is increditably user unfriendly. You have to have manual with listing of the sounds by you all of the time and if you want to pursue anything with keyboards, it becomes expendable, probably, after about a year since you are going to keep on expanding the things that you have. It does pack a punch for the price, but that is not syaing much. Go with 2080 if you have enough money.

HOGWASH...
I got mine and have been jamming with it ever since... Yes, the user friendliness is archane... But, the sound is just as good as the JV1080 or JV2080...

AND the SoundDiver program with it is great for editing sounds... I use the full version of SoundDiver and I can program anything I want with it...

But, with the sounds it's got in it, it's hard to come up with anything better...

Check out my website and click on the Rack gear if you want anymore information about this little powerhouse...

Hope this helps...

bry
Riverdog Productions www.members.home.com/bkriverdog
bkriverdog@home.com

Back